INTER – SCHOOL PROGRAMMES
Students regularly take part in a number of Inter- School Competitions and Festivals.
year the different classes are taken for Excursions to various spots
in and around Kerala such as Fort Kochi, Hill Palace, Tripoonithura,
Ezattumukkham, Kodanad,Veegaland, Athrimpally Dream World, Peechi,
Malampuzha,Thekkady, Ooty, Kodaikanal , Kovalam and Kanyakumari, etc.
The ANNUAL SPORTS DAY is held every year in November. It is day
filled with zest, sporting spirit and healthy competition, full of
colour and activity. Various drills, athletic competitions, colourful
and innovative races, staff events and Inter- House group competitions
such as Tug-O-War, Relay etc. add fun and vigour to the day. Throws and
Jumps are conducted earlier.
Every year the following Tournaments are conducted :-
.1) Archbishop Joseph Attipetty memorial
Inter-School Shuttle Badminton Tournament instituted for the schools in
2) "Assisi Cup" Inter school Football Tournament instituted for the schools in Ekm by the Assisi Alumini Association.
variety of clubs such as Science & Nature , Art & Music , Home
Science & Craft, Literary & Dramatics, Malayala Manorama
Balajanasakhyam Social Service, etc. have been set up in the school in
order to mould the students to be an interactive part of their social
Students attend the 'Kochi City Cleaning' programme organized by the
Janakeeya Powra Samithy every year. Balajanasakhyam members organize
Christmas programmes and arrange for special feasts and distribute
gifts for the inmates of Old Age Homes and Orphanages at Onam,
In June 2010, the Assisi Socio Span was launched which has already
undertaken a lot of activities by students and teachers including
- Collecting rice on a monthly basis for Destitute Homes
- Medicine collection for distribution to hospitals for poor people
- Charity collections for poor people, collections for treatment of
poor cancer patients in the Ernakulam General Hospital Cancer Ward
- Onam Kit distribution
- Grand Parents’ Day Celebration
- “Snehasparsham”, a fete for fund collection for the “AWAZ” and other devices for children with special needs, etc.
- “Naadanruchi@Assisi”, a Kerala cuisine Food Fest for raising funds for adivasi children of Waynad
- Collection for dialysis patients of Thrikkakara Medical College Hosipital
Collection of Birthday contributions for providing basic commodities for inmates of a Rehabitalation Home in Kakkanad, etc.